Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 700 Item 21 Novena de Christo crucificado
TitleNovena de Christo crucificado
- Beltrán de Santa Rosa, Pedro
Other related names
- Berendt, C. Hermann 1817-1878, former owner
- Brinton, Daniel Garrison, 1837-1899, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 700 Item 21
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9940308283503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageSpanish and Maya
A 19th-century copy of Beltrán de Santa Rosa's 1740 book of prayers in Maya and a dialogue or catechism in Maya with a facing translation in Spanish, with extensive front matter in Spanish; followed by a copy of the Maya texts from the second edition of Beltrán de Santa Rosa's Declaracion de la doctrina christiana en el idioma yucateco (1757), including the Lord's prayer, Ave Maria, Apostle's Creed, commandments, sacraments, articles of faith, and dialogues or catechisms in Maya. Berendt indicates in a note (p. ) that he has omitted the Spanish discussion at the beginning of the Declaracion (pp. 2-22 in the printed text).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. 1).
Extent55 leaves : 191 x 130 mm. bound to 197 x 134 mm
FoliationPaper, 55; [1-5], 6-83, [84-86], 87-105, [v (blank)]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingLate 19th-century leather; upper cover detached.
- Copied from a published copy in the possession of Don Pedro Regil y Peon, Mérida (note, p. 1).
- From the collection of C. Hermann Berendt, later acquired by Daniel Garrison Brinton (ex libris stamp on title page).
- Maya language--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Mayan languages--Texts--Early works to 1800
- Indians of Mexico--Languages--Early works to 1800
- Prayer books
- Manuscripts, Mexican--19th century
- Manuscripts, Spanish--19th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Ms. Coll. 700 Item 21: Novena de Christo crucificado are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
7250_0001.tif (19.0 MB)
7250_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
7250_0001_web.jpg (195.1 KB)