Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1033 Miscellany on horsemanship
TitleMiscellany on horsemanship
Other related names
- Rogers, Fairman, 1833-1900, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 1033
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3905229
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageGerman, except for the list of emperors in Latin
- ca. 1612
Collection of texts about horses addressing subjects such as riding, medical treatment, and cavalry. Several seem to be compiled from other, unidentified sources. A few items are concerned not with horses but with the house of Habsburg, such as a text about the Order of the Golden Fleece (f. 23v-24v) and a list in Latin of the emperors of the ancient Roman and Holy Roman empires (f. 334r-345r), concluding with Rudolph II, who died in 1612.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger; date based on latest date appearing in the work (f. 364v) and conclusion of list of emperors.
- Forms part of the Fairman Rogers Collection (University of Pennsylvania), formerly 798 .H782.
Extent392 leaves : 300 x 194 mm. bound to 308 x 215 mm
FoliationPaper, i (newer paper) + 392 + i (newer paper); [1-392]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingMottled paper over boards; spine detached from upper cover.
- Gift of Fairman Rogers, 1899.
- Horses--Early works to 1800
- Horsemanship--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, German--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1592_0001.tif (62.7 MB)
1592_0001_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
1592_0001_web.jpg (161.0 KB)
mscodex1033_wk1_back0001a.tif (62.7 MB)
mscodex1033_wk1_back0001a_thumb.jpg (1.7 KB)
mscodex1033_wk1_back0001a_web.jpg (93.7 KB)