Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1036 Synopsis of lectures
TitleSynopsis of lectures
- Kinnersley, Ebenezer, 1711-1778
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790
Call numberMs. Codex 1036
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3928554
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- ca. 1751
Synopsis of key ideas and experiments for two lectures on electricity. Benjamin Franklin wrote the original lectures ca. 1747 and Kinnersley gave the lectures on tour in the American colonies and the West Indies between 1749 and 1753. The references to lightning rods in the second lecture indicate that this version dates from 1751 or later. This manuscript is similar but not identical to advertisements for the lectures in the Pennsylvania Gazette.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger; date based on internal evidence.
Extent8 leaves : 158 x 102 mm
CollationPaper, 8; [1-8]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingOriginally an 18th-century notebook with a paper wrapper; all leaves and covers now detached and sleeved separately.
- Electricity--Early works to 1800
- Electricity--Experiments--Early works to 1800
- Lightning--Early works to 1800
- Lightning rods--Early works to 1800
- Lecture notes
- Manuscripts, American--18th century
Inside front cover
0872_0001.tif (30.3 MB)
0872_0001_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
0872_0001_web.jpg (314.0 KB)