Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1097 In Organum Aristotelis ... etc.
TitleIn Organum Aristotelis ... etc.
- Batardin, François
Call numberMs. Codex 1097
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4248398
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin, with the first two words of the second work in Greek
Commentaries on the Organon and Categoriae of Aristotle, preceded by a brief treatise on philosophical vocabulary and followed by a table of contents for all three works.
- Ms. codex.
- Title for manuscript from title of predominant work (p. 1 of second work); dated 1605 at end of third work (p. 520).
Extent269 leaves : 222 x 160 (176 x 113) mm. bound to 229 x 180 mm
FoliationPaper, 269; [ii], 17, [i], 1-64, 69-164, 173-350, 352-520, [521-532]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners. References in this record are to the contemporary pagination.
BindingContemporary calf; author's name in gilt within sprays of laurel leaves on boards, "Fran/cois" on upper cover and "Batar/din" on lower cover; gilt borders to sides and small flower tool in spine compartments; gilt edges; headcap chipped, corners worn (Gaskell).
- Owner name François Batardin on binding; signature, Franciscus Bastardinus (p. ). Pen trials on the front flyleaf include the name Cornuty or Cornut.
- Sold by Roger Gaskell Rare Books, cat. 38 (2006), no. 5.
- Logic--Early works to 1800
- Categories (Philosophy)--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1766_0001.tif (70.0 MB)
1766_0001_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
1766_0001_web.jpg (315.0 KB)