Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1112 Guild records
Call numberMs. Codex 1112
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9942554483503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ingolstadt (Bavaria, Germany)
Booklet containing records of the guild of harness-makers (riemer; f. 1r, 2r, 17r) in Ingolstadt, with entries dated from 1558 until 1745. Entries include such information as the names of masters and the establishment of their workshops; the names of apprentices (pueben, bueben, gesellen) taken on; the term of the apprenticeship; the places where the apprentices learned their craft (often localities in Bavaria); and the payment of fees (maistergeldt; f. 16r). The last dated entry notes the purchase of a seal for the guild (handwercks sigl; f. 42v) and other expenditures.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent53 leaves : 210 x 158 mm
FoliationPaper, 53; [1-53]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
BindingPaper wrapper. Folio 1 is completely detached; f. 41 is attached to sewing by a slip of paper fastened with a metal pin. Staining visible due to water and mildew damage; numerous tears at corners and edges.
- Sold by Streisand, 1953.
- Manuscripts, German--16th century
- Manuscripts, German--17th century
- Manuscripts, German--18th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- 17th century
- 18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1112: Guild records are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1000_0001.tif (79.4 MB)
1000_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
1000_0001_web.jpg (259.1 KB)