Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1260 Processi contra il vescovo di Valva del 1500 ... etc.
TitleProcessi contra il vescovo di Valva del 1500 ... etc.
- Naples (Kingdom)
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1260
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9943971063503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageLatin, with some Italian
Includes a dispute over the land of the Santa Maria de Lecto abbey, overseen by Carolus de Rogeriis of Salerno, representing King Ferdinand, and his actorum magister Maximus Ruta. Consists of twelve parts, covering the entire proceedings from June 30 to October 15, 1500. Also includes a supplication for the reintroduction of fiefs, under supervision of Joannes Christophorus de Transmundi. The second work is separately paged in a contemporary hand. Several of the documents throughout both sections contain notarial signets, wax seals, and signatures.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from spine.
Extent80 leaves : 284-295 x 210 mm. bound to 300 x 220 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (modern paper) + 80 + ii (modern paper); 1-33, [34-36], 2-21 (=37-56), 40 (=57), 22-28 (=58-64), [65-80]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingModern boards with vellum spine (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 5450
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford (bookplate, inside upper cover with the mottos La vertue est la seule noblesse and Auspicium melioris aevi).
- Real property--Italy.--15th century
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1260: Processi contra il vescovo di Valva del 1500 ... etc. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1255_0001.tif (59.3 MB)
1255_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
1255_0001_web.jpg (252.2 KB)