Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1273 Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Medici debtors and creditors
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1273
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944270223503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- ca. 1533
A ledger of debtors and creditors for the years 1532-1533, bound in the same way as the other financial records of the Medici family, although the family name does not appear in the manuscript. Often includes the nature of a given debt or credit and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals or the institutions, the largest being l'Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore, that hold the debt or credit.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Ancre 442 (Florence, 1510).
Extent64 leaves : 285 x 213 mm. bound to 296 x 228 mm
FoliationPaper, 64; versos numbered 1-34, [35-64], contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper left verso; rectos numbered [i], i-xxxiiii,[xxxv-lxiii], contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper right recto (leaves after p. 34 are blank but ruled). Each opening has a matched Arabic numeral on the left and a Roman numeral on the right.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 130 on spine; the heading Q[uadern]o di cassa; no. 225 and letter C with decorative penwork on upper cover; lower cover with remnants of leather ties wraps around upper cover; decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1273: Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1262_0001.tif (65.4 MB)
1262_0001_thumb.jpg (3.6 KB)
1262_0001_web.jpg (184.3 KB)