Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1288 Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Medici debtors and creditors
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1288
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944311173503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of the Medici family for the years 1543-1546. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals or institutions that hold the debt or credit, the most important being the Spedale di Santa Maria degli Innocenti (p. 8), a children's orphanage in Florence.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
Extent48 leaves : 331 x 226 mm. bound to 337 x 231mm
FoliationPaper, 48 leaves; versos numbered 1-35, [36-48], contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper left verso; rectos numbered [i], i-xii, [xiii], xiiii, [xv], xvi, [xvii], xviii-xxvi, [xxvii-xxviii], xxviiii, [xxx-xxxi], xxxii-xxxv, [xxxvi-xlvii], contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (leaves after p. 35 are blank but ruled). Each opening has a matched arabic numeral on the left and a roman numeral on the right.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 33 on spine; the heading Q[uadern]o di cassa dela suventione del anno 1543 di Carlo de' Medici, on upper cover; lower cover with remnants of leather ties wraps around upper cover with leather strap; decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1288: Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1278_0001.tif (78.9 MB)
1278_0001_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
1278_0001_web.jpg (309.7 KB)