Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1293 Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Medici debtors and creditors
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1293
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944329743503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of the brothers Niccolo and Fabrizio de' Medici, sons of Luigi di Bivigliano de' Medici, for the years 1568-1575. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the credit or debt. In certain cases debts and credits are in kind (examples of the produce used for these payments are chestnuts, grains, cattle feed, cattle, swine).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Fleur-de-lis 7105 (Rome, 1565), but with rounder petals.
Extent192 leaves : 234 x 229 mm. bound to 343 x 231 mm. +
FoliationPaper, 192; versos numbered 1-186, [187-192], contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper left verso; rectos numbered i-clxxxvi, [clxxxvii-cxci], contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper right recto. Each opening has a matched Arabic numeral on the left and a Roman numeral on the right.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 16 on spine; the heading Debitori e creditori, no. 138 and letter B with decorative penwork on upper cover; lower cover with remnants of leather ties wraps around upper cover with leather strap; decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1293: Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1284_0001.tif (91.8 MB)
1284_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
1284_0001_web.jpg (232.1 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 1
1284_0293.tif (91.8 MB)
1284_0293_thumb.jpg (2.5 KB)
1284_0293_web.jpg (131.7 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
1284_0294.tif (91.8 MB)
1284_0294_thumb.jpg (2.3 KB)
1284_0294_web.jpg (119.5 KB)