Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1294 Ledger of Medici accounts
TitleLedger of Medici accounts
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1294
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944329803503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of accounts of Carlo di Bernardo de' Medici and Francesco di Stefano di Risaliti, a Florentine businessman involved in the textile trade, for the years 1573-1576. Often includes the nature of a given transaction and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that act as counterparts in the transaction.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Armoires Lion 1883 (Florence, 1529), but with the lion's snout more defined.
Extent240 leaves : 328 x 228 mm. bound to 337 x 231 mm
FoliationPaper, i (paper) + 240 leaves + i (paper); versos numbered [1-240], modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto; irregular contemporary foliation and pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 39 on spine; the heading Entrata e uscita a/2, no. 48, letter A with decorative penwork and signet C F on upper cover; lower cover wraps around upper cover with leather strap; decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1294: Ledger of Medici accounts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1285_0001.tif (82.7 MB)
1285_0001_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
1285_0001_web.jpg (262.3 KB)