Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1328 Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Medici debtors and creditors
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1328
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944396143503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of an unidentified member of the Medici family for the years 1535-1536. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit. Among the names that appear throughout the ledger and who act as counterparts in the transactions, the most frequent are Ottaviano, Pasquale and Carlo de' Medici, Tolomeo Tolomei, Agnolo Doni, Carlo Gondi, Filippo Capponi, Francesco Rucellai.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Echelle 5926 (Siena, 1524).
Extent96 leaves : 336 x 114 mm. bound to 347 x 116 mm
FoliationPaper, 96; 1-8, 8-28, , 30-47, [48-95]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (f. 48-95 are blank but ruled).
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1328: Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0967_0001.tif (46.1 MB)
0967_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
0967_0001_web.jpg (109.7 KB)