Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1360 Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Medici debtors and creditors
Call numberMs. Codex 1360
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944446113503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of Bivigliano d'Alamanno de' Medici for the years 1513-1514. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit. Most transactions concern the payment of debts and credits between Bivigliano de' Medici and his servants or employees and sometimes payments are in kind (oil, wine, wheat, produce). Some transactions are payments to small shops or businesses (shoemaker, miller) from Bivigliano de' Medici and they are settled in cash.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
Extent95 leaves : 140 x 105 mm. bound to 144 x 107 mm
FoliationPaper, 95; , 2-20, 22-96, contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 9 on spine; the heading Debitori e C[reditor]i on upper cover; upper cover wraps around lower cover with leather ties.
Manicules (f. 45v, 80v, 84r, 87r).
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1360: Ledger of Medici debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0783_0001.tif (39.8 MB)
0783_0001_thumb.jpg (5.0 KB)
0783_0001_web.jpg (319.6 KB)