Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1371 Ledger of Amadori debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Amadori debtors and creditors
Call numberMs. Codex 1371
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944464633503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of Andrea di Lorenzo Amadori for the years 1522-1528. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit. Among the names that appear throughout the ledger Lorenzo and Jacopo Magniano, Lorenzo di Enzo da Gonnella and Giovanni Ridolfo. The transactions concern small debts or credits between Andrea Amadori and various counterparts, but payments to professionals (including dyers, bakers and carpenters) for their services are not uncommon. There are also many transactions between Andrea Amadori and his employees: in these cases the former often pays in cash, whereas the latter tend to pay in kind.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Fleur 6650 (Florence, 1442-1447).
Extent88 leaves : 207 x 142 mm. bound to 213 x 144 mm
FoliationPaper, 88; [i], 1-87, contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 173 on spine; the heading Deb[ito]ri e creditori and letter C on upper cover; lower cover wraps around upper cover with remnants of leather ties.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- 17th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1371: Ledger of Amadori debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1325_0001.tif (69.2 MB)
1325_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
1325_0001_web.jpg (243.8 KB)