Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1411 Ledger of Risaliti accounts
TitleLedger of Risaliti accounts
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1411
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944522733503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of Francesco di Stefano Risaliti for the years 1554-1565. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit. Most transactions appear to be with employees who operate in the wool and textile industry (especially dyers and spinners) who are paid for their services; but transactions with various workers (farmers, carpenters, builders) are also present. Other transactions are related to the purchase of dyeing materials and tools. When recording accounts related to wool manufacturing, detailed descriptions of said processes are often given, with lists of different dyes and fabric types.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Armoires Lion 1883 (Florence, 1529), but with the lion's snout more defined.
Extent194 leaves : 328 x 112 mm. bound to 339 x 116 mm
FoliationPaper, 194; 1-15, 17-84, [85-195]; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto (f. 85-195 blank).
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 254 on spine; the heading Quaderno di cassa della tinta, no. 73 (?) and letter C with decorative penwork on upper cover; lower cover wraps around upper cover with leather ties; decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1411: Ledger of Risaliti accounts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0793_0001.tif (56.3 MB)
0793_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
0793_0001_web.jpg (134.2 KB)