Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1422 Notebook of Ridolfi accounts
TitleNotebook of Ridolfi accounts
- Ridolfi, Tommaso
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1422
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944530203503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Notebook of accounts of Tommaso Ridolfi for the years 1522-1549, at least partially written by Tommaso Ridolfi and in the first person. Includes debts, credits and other transactions related to the textile business; in certain cases, various members of the Medici family acted as counterparts. Transactions related to household management are not uncommon, such as the purchase of food and furniture; the payment of wages of employees (such as the nanny and the farmer); and the purchase of clothes and shoes for Tommaso Ridolfi and his sister. The notebook also contains copies, transcribed and signed by Tommaso Ridolfi, of the receipts of tax payments (for a tax referred to in the manuscript as gabella) made by small towns that were under Florentine jurisdiction.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Ancre 444 (Florence, 1529), but with a larger crown and a thicker ring.
Extent95 leaves : 289 x 213 mm. bound to 292 x 215 mm
FoliationPaper, 95; 1-41, [42-95]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (f. 42-64, 73-88 and 93-95 are blank).
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 129 on spine; the heading Giornale, no. 190 and letter A with decorative penwork on upper cover; lower cover wraps around upper cover with leather ties. Decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Ambassadors--Italy--Florence--16th century
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1422: Notebook of Ridolfi accounts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0818_0001.tif (58.5 MB)
0818_0001_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
0818_0001_web.jpg (272.1 KB)