Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1427 Ledger of Detti debtors and creditors
TitleLedger of Detti debtors and creditors
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1427
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944535443503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors of Giovanbattista and Giammaria Detti for the years 1553-1558. Giovanbattista and Giammaria Detti were both members of the Arte della lana, the guild of the lanaioli, merchants who dealt in woolen cloth and cooperated with the other corporations of bankers and merchants in the comune of Florence. The Detti, like other lanaioli, saw all the processes from the raw baled wool through the final cloth, woven at numerous looms scattered in domiciles throughout the city. The ledger reflects their various activities and mentions transactions with many different workers (including weavers, spinners and dyers). Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit, the most important being Francesco di Stefano Risaliti; Mariotto d'Ottavio; and Camillo Zanossi.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
Extent160 leaves : 280 x 101 mm. bound to 287 x 117 mm
FoliationPaper, 160; , 2-74, 78-99, [100-163]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (f.100-163 are blank).
BindingModern vellum; previous binding had no. 165 on contemporary slip attached to spine (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Arte della lana (Guild : Florence, Italy)
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Woolen and worsted manufacture--Italy--History
- Wool industry--Italy--History
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1427: Ledger of Detti debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0815_0001.tif (32.5 MB)
0815_0001_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
0815_0001_web.jpg (140.8 KB)