Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1431 Notebook of Giomi debtors and creditors
TitleNotebook of Giomi debtors and creditors
Call numberMs. Codex 1431
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944549163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Notebook of debtors and creditors of Cosimo Giomi for the years 1568-1581. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit, the most important being Giovanni di Francesco Francini; Giovanni Nicholini; Polito Lioni; Michelangelo da Gagliano; Cosimo di Giovanni; Lorenzo Ganuzzi; and Marco Colombini. There are also frequent cash transactions with a wool worker, referred to in the text as Battista lanino.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Tete humaine 15614 (Lucca, 1445), but with curlier hair and a pointier nose.
Extent96 leaves : 203 x 138 mm. bound to 208 x 141 mm. +
FoliationPaper, 96; [1-96], modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto; contemporary foliation partial and irregular.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 266 on spine; the heading Cosimo Giomi 1568-1581 on upper cover (part of upper cover missing); lower cover wraps around upper cover with remnants of leather ties.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1431: Notebook of Giomi debtors and creditors are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0809_0001.tif (64.9 MB)
0809_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
0809_0001_web.jpg (168.5 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 1
0809_0153.tif (64.9 MB)
0809_0153_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
0809_0153_web.jpg (201.1 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
0809_0154.tif (64.9 MB)
0809_0154_thumb.jpg (2.5 KB)
0809_0154_web.jpg (183.4 KB)
Inside back cover
0809_0196.tif (173.7 MB)
0809_0196_thumb.jpg (5.4 KB)
0809_0196_web.jpg (309.0 KB)