Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 1453 Ledger of Risaliti debtors and creditors and accounts
TitleLedger of Risaliti debtors and creditors and accounts
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1453
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944689353503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of debtors and creditors and accounts of Francesco di Stefano Risaliti for the years 1550-1557. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit. Most transactions appear to be with employees who operate in the wool and textile industry (especially dyers and spinners) who are paid for their services. Transactions with Florentine merchants including Pandolfo di Carlo de' Medici (f. 16r) and Giovanbattista Detti (f. 28v) and dyers, including Giovanbattista and Lionardo Salviati (f. 31v) also appear in the ledger.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Echelle 5922 (Siena, 1495-1524), but with shorter, parallel sides.
Extent85 leaves : 423 x 288 mm. bound to 426 x 300 mm
FoliationPaper, 85; [i], 1-18, 29-63, 112-143; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 249 on spine; the heading Tintori e lavoratori, no. 63, letter A with decorative penwork and signet D on upper cover; lower cover wraps around upper cover with remnants of leather ties; decorative leatherwork on spine.
- Purchased, 1966.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1453: Ledger of Risaliti debtors and creditors and accounts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0799_0001.tif (113.2 MB)
0799_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
0799_0001_web.jpg (247.3 KB)
Inside back cover
0799_0108.tif (113.2 MB)
0799_0108_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
0799_0108_web.jpg (259.7 KB)