Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 146 Repartimientto de las tierras de Écija quando segano delos moros
TitleRepartimientto de las tierras de Écija quando segano delos moros
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 146
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9915805543503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1275 and 1299
Two lists containing the names of persons who received land by order of the king in the neighborhood of Écija in Andalusia which was taken from the Moors in 1240. Among them are men and women of the royal court, e.g. ladies in waiting of the queen (f. 1v). The first list (f. 1-11) lists property holders divided by villages. The second list was made by order of King Alfonso X and his queen, Violante (f. 14-17). Before it is inserted a document (f. 12) dated "era de mill ccc xx vii," the old Spanish date corresponding to the year 1289. This states that this copy was made from a charter of Alfonso X given at Seville, 2 May, 1282. Folio 13 is blank. (According to Zacour-Hirsch, this list is apparently a version of that of 1263.).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from f. [i]r (before f. 1), in the hand of a registrar of the 17th century.
- Description taken from Zacour-Hirsch Catalogue and from unidentified dealer's description on file in Library.
- Soft, thick rag paper, very fragile; edges of paper frayed, worn and split; the leaves have been folded vertically and there is a hole through most of them in the center, causing some insignificant loss of text.
Extent19 leaves : 297 x 214 mm. bound to 300 x 226 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 17 + i; 1-17; contemporary roman numerals, upper right recto. The first and last leaf are endleaves added when the manuscript was bound in the 17th century.
BindingLimp vellum, 17th century.
Partly rubricated in red and blue; 10-line initial P with penwork in brown ink (f. 14r)
- Acquired, 1960.
- Manuscripts, Spanish--13th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 13th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 146: Repartimientto de las tierras de Écija quando segano delos moros are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 14r — Decorated initial, Initial P, f. 14r
Inside front cover
0495_0001.tif (60.8 MB)
0495_0001_thumb.jpg (3.6 KB)
0495_0001_web.jpg (241.9 KB)
0495_0030.tif (60.8 MB)
0495_0030_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
0495_0030_web.jpg (292.5 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial P, f. 14r
mscodex146_wk1_body0023b.tif (60.4 MB)
mscodex146_wk1_body0023b_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
mscodex146_wk1_body0023b_web.jpg (288.4 KB)