Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1478 Notebook of Medici(?) accounts and memoranda
TitleNotebook of Medici(?) accounts and memoranda
- Mannelli, Nicolo
Call numberMs. Codex 1478
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944802263503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- 1569-1604, 1655-1658
Notebook of accounts and memoranda probably of various, unidentified members of the Medici family for the years 1569-1658. Some of the accounts were kept by Nicolo Mannelli, who probably worked for the family (1569-1604). Transactions concern the purchase of household items and personal accessories (including eyeglasses); the payment of servants and workers; and small debts and credits with various counterparts, the most important being, both for the frequency with which they appear and for the amount of transactions, the heirs of Federigo Ricci. Most memoranda are short descriptions of the events that lead to specific transactions. Some of the memoranda, however, are not related to financial matters, but record the birth of children in the unnamed family, together with the name of the mother and the date of birth.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
Extent96 leaves : 164 x 114 mm. bound to 180 x 116 mm
FoliationPaper, 96; , 2-93, 94-96, contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary vellum, no. 26 on spine; the heading Giornale 1569-1656, and letter A with decorative penwork on upper cover; lower cover wraps around upper cover with leather tie.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Accounting--Italy--17th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, European
- 16th century
- 17th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1478: Notebook of Medici(?) accounts and memoranda are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0850_0001.tif (45.3 MB)
0850_0001_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
0850_0001_web.jpg (336.4 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 1
0850_0193.tif (45.3 MB)
0850_0193_thumb.jpg (3.5 KB)
0850_0193_web.jpg (197.0 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
0850_0194.tif (45.3 MB)
0850_0194_thumb.jpg (2.5 KB)
0850_0194_web.jpg (169.9 KB)