Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 153 Draft of a dispatch to Ramon de Cordova, Viceroy of Sicily
TitleDraft of a dispatch to Ramon de Cordova, Viceroy of Sicily
- Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 153
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9915805643503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Written in Spain in 1507 (f. 1r).
In the dispatch Ferdinand discusses policies to be pursued in Italy.
- Ms. gathering.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Consists of two bifolia, the first forming f. 1-2 and the second forming f. 3-4.
- Unbound. Wrapped in a later paper wrapper containing two descriptions in English, possibly 19th century in date. The first description is preceded by the heading "No. 16." The second is signed "H. T.[?] Bell" and appears to have been written at the British Museum.
- Previously enclosed in a paper wrapper from the dealer Maggs Brothers Ltd. in London, which is now on file in the Library.
- Edges of paper brittle and split in places.
Extent4 leaves : 298 x 220 mm
FoliationPaper, 4; [1-4]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
- Appears once to have been in the possession of the British Museum.
- Sold by Maggs Brothers (London), 1960.
- Manuscripts, Spanish--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 153: Draft of a dispatch to Ramon de Cordova, Viceroy of Sicily are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.