Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1538 Notebook of Medici (?) accounts
TitleNotebook of Medici (?) accounts
Call numberMs. Codex 1538
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944999723503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Remnant of a notebook of accounts, perhaps belonging to the Medici family, covering the years 1561-1565. Mostly contains very brief annotations and calculations, sometimes including the name of the counterpart involved in the transaction. The names that appear in the notebook include Francesco Concini; Antonio Macario; Giuliano Crusdoni; Filippo Simoni; and an individual simply referred to as Canalino(?). The word tintore, dyer, appears throughout the notebook, perhaps indicating that the transactions are related to the textile business. The present manuscript, whose foliation starts with f. 48, was probably part of a larger volume, now missing.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
Extent99 leaves : 281 x 103 mm
FoliationPaper, 99; 48-94, [95-146]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (f. 96-146 are blank).
BindingFour gatherings tied together, with a small label over spine with no.165 on it.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1963.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1538: Notebook of Medici (?) accounts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.