Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1611 Memorial dado a sua Magestade a respeito do governo e prehiminencias da Santa Inquisiçao
TitleMemorial dado a sua Magestade a respeito do governo e prehiminencias da Santa Inquisiçao
- Beserra, Alvaro
- Crisóstomo, João
Other related names
- Joseph, King of Portugal, 1714-1777, recipient
- Cassuto, Alfonso, 1910-1990, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 1611
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5009543
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Memorandum on the history of the Inquisition attributed to the inquisitor Alvaro Beserra (or Becerra) and written for Joseph I, who was crowned king of Portugal in 1750, followed by a group of 8 sonnets (f. 103r-106v) attributed to João Crisóstomo and addressed to the king, the queen, and various nobles.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 54r).
Extent54 leaves : 201 x 138 (168 x 110) mm
FoliationPaper, 54; 54-75, [i], 76-106; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingPaper wrapper, glued at spine.
- Formerly owned by antiquarian bookdealer and collector Alfonso Cassuto (Lisbon; embossed stamp, f. 54r, 107r).
- Sold at auction at Kestenbaum & Company as part of the Alfonso Cassuto collection, Part 2, 23 June 2011, lot 48.
- Inquisition--Portugal--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Portuguese--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front wrapper
2403_0001.tif (65.4 MB)
2403_0001_thumb.jpg (2.9 KB)
2403_0001_web.jpg (196.0 KB)
Inside back wrapper
2403_0110.tif (65.4 MB)
2403_0110_thumb.jpg (2.9 KB)
2403_0110_web.jpg (209.7 KB)