Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1659 Ladino manuscript.
- Alfonso Cassuto Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Other related names
- Cassuto, Alfonso, 1910-1990, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 1659
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963671893503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1575 and 1599?
Ladino manuscript removed from a larger volume. The leaves have text in a center column, Hebrew letters used as numbers in the left margin, and roman letters in the right margin which may be later additions and somehow correspond to the numbers in the left margin. The regular use of numbers linked to the text suggests that the numbers may be verse numbers or ledger entries. Trimmed with loss of text at upper and lower edges.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent32 leaves : 275 x 205 mm
FoliationPaper, 31 + i leaves; modern arabic numbers in pencil, usually upper right recto, may be foliation or pagination but are not in order.
BindingOne detached cover, leather, blind-stamped borders, possibly from Lyon (Cassuto).
- Formerly owned by antiquarian bookdealer and collector Alfonso Cassuto (Lisbon; collection notes housed in curatorial file); probably purchased in 1986 (note in photocopied collection notes).
- Ladino language--Texts
- Manuscripts, Hebrew--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1659: Ladino manuscript. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside loose cover
5162_0001.tif (102.7 MB)
5162_0001_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
5162_0001_web.jpg (381.9 KB)