Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1715 Alchemical miscellany
Call numberMs. Codex 1715
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6148396
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin, with one recipe in German (f. 34v)
Collection of articles, excerpts, and recipes, with references to Paracelsus and the Archidoxa, mercury, sulfur, coagulation, and distillation. Titles include Regulae ex summa (f. 2r), Ramus aureus (f. 7r), and Tinctura physicorum (f. 45r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent59 leaves : 155 x 98 mm bound to 160 x 110 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 59 + i; [i-ii, 1-57]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto; erased foliation in pencil in upper right recto suggests that this manuscript was formerly part of a larger manuscript and perhaps bound in a different order.
Binding18th-century half calf; gilt spine with leather pasted over one label and another label damaged; endpapers of colored pattern prints on paste paper.
- Sold by Jeffrey D. Mancevice (Worcester, Massachusetts), 2014.
- Alchemy--Early works to 1800
- Chemistry--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Ms. Codex 1715: Alchemical miscellany are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
5332_0001.tif (39.5 MB)
5332_0001_thumb.jpg (8.0 KB)
5332_0001_web.jpg (407.4 KB)