Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1721 Tune book
Call numberMs. Codex 1721
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9967565573503681
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- circa 1758
Collection of hymns with lyrics, folk song tunes without lyrics, several pages of music theory notes at the beginning, and a French horn minuet (p. 31). The front and back pastedowns and first and last leaves contain miscellaneous notes, accounts, and calculations dating to around 1770.
- Ms. codex.
Extent30 leaves 98 x 158 mm. bound to 105 x 164 mm
FoliationPaper, 30 leaves; [1-60]; modern pagination in pencil, upper outer corners.
BindingContemporary leather over pasteboards. Leather of upper cover is badly deteriorating and coming loose from board. Bookseller's advertisement pasted onto inside upper cover.
- Sold at auction by Lyon & Turnbull (Edinburgh), 9 September 2014, lot 93.
- Folk songs--Early works to 1800
- Hymns--Early works to 1800
- Music theory--Early works to 1800
- Folk songs
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Ms. Codex 1721: Tune book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
5639_0001.tif (38.1 MB)
5639_0001_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
5639_0001_web.jpg (367.1 KB)