Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 1959 Miftāḥ al-Falāḥ. / مفتاح الفلاح
- ʻĀmilī, Bahāʼ al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn Ḥusayn, 1547-1621
عاملي، بهاء الدين محمد بن حسين،
- Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund
Call numberMs. Codex 1959
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962496313503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The copy is undated, but an owner's note places it before A.H. 1041 (1631) (Flyleaf 1r and 1v, in the front).
- between 1600 and 1631?
Work on Shīʻite daily religious customs and practices. This copy is very neatly written; some minor page repairs, a portion of the pages are stained, but still legible.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from introduction (f. 2r).
Extent151 leaves : 170 x 100 (120 x 66) mm bound to 174 x 111 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBlack leather cover over thin pasteboard with faint blind-stamped frame. Endbands in blue and white and tan and white thread in a chevron pattern.
- Partially effaced purple owner's stamp with the name Terbiet visible (f. 150v). Probably Tarbiyat Library in Tabriz, in service from 1898-1908 and run by Muḥammad ʻAlī Khān (1877 or 1878-1940).
- Sold on eBay July 2014; accessioned 2018.
- Religious life--Shīʻah--Early works to 1800
- Islam--Customs and practices--Early works to 1800
- Shiites--Customs and practices--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1959: Miftāḥ al-Falāḥ. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 1959: Miftāḥ al-Falāḥ.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — Miftāḥ al-Falāḥ
Inside front cover
7054_0001.tif (39.5 MB)
7054_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
7054_0001_web.jpg (304.2 KB)
7054_0007.tif (39.5 MB)
7054_0007_thumb.jpg (5.0 KB)
7054_0007_web.jpg (349.2 KB)
Section: Miftāḥ al-Falāḥ