Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 2009 Poetry anthology in Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Arabic.
TitlePoetry anthology in Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Arabic.
Call numberMs. Codex 2009
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageOttoman Turkish and Persian with some Arabic
- between 1650 and 1799?
Small collection of poetry written on a long, narrow notebook bound along the top (safīnah style) chiefly in Ottoman Turkish with some Arabic and Persian; a number of pages are blank.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent80 leaves : 213 x 75 (200 x 65) mm bound to 213 x 75 mm
FoliationContemporary foliation in red ink in Hindu-Arabic numerals, upper center verso.
BindingBrown leather over pasteboard with faint blind-stamped central mandorla, frame and corner lines; plain paper doublure;
Rubrications in red; pasted on headpiece decoration (front flyleaf recto).
- Sold at Bloomsbury Auctions (London), lot 59, April 30, 2019.
- Turkish poetry
- Persian poetry
- Arabic poetry
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, Turkish
- Manuscripts, 17th century
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 2009: Poetry anthology in Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Arabic. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 2009: Poetry anthology in Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Arabic.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Inside front cover
9619_0001.tif (42.1 MB)
9619_0001_thumb.jpg (2.9 KB)
9619_0001_web.jpg (243.2 KB)