Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 24 al-Juzʼ al-thalāthūn. / الجزء الثلاثون
Other related names
- Brecher, Adolf, former owner
- Jastrow, Morris, Jr., 1861-1921, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 24
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9914691823503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Item is not dated, but likely written between the second half of the 18th and the first half of the 19th century.
- between 1750 and 1850?
Complete copy of part 30 of the Qurʼān, from al-Nabāʼ (78) to the end.
- Title from margin of opening page (f. 1v).
- Inside front cover is the following note, signed by Morris Jastrow, Jr. and dated Feb. 1890 in Philadelphia: "It was used by a Turkish soldier during the recent Russo-Turkish War (187- ) & upon his death in battle fell into the hands of a physician of Austrian origin. Presented to me by Dr. Adolf Brecher of Olmütz (Moravia) in 1888."
- On the page facing the above note by Dr. Jastrow is the (Roman) alphabet in German cursive script capitals, written in pencil and upside down in relation to the book.
Extent24 leaves : 205 x 140 (150 x 80) mm bound to 205 x 145 mm
FoliationModern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingBound in dark brown leather with flap (Type II); blind stamped central mandorla and blind ruled frame; flap has smaller, matching blind stamped mandorla.
- Formerly owned by Adolf Brecher (Jastrow note inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by Morris Jastrow, Jr.; gift of Morris Jastrow, Jr. (plate inside front cover).
- Manuscripts, Arabic--18th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic--19th century
- Blind tooled (decoration)
- Envelope flaps (features)
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 24: al-Juzʼ al-thalāthūn. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 24: al-Juzʼ al-thalāthūn.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1v — al-Juzʼ al-thalāthūn.
Inside front cover
7007_0001.tif (58.5 MB)
7007_0001_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
7007_0001_web.jpg (280.5 KB)
7007_0003.tif (58.5 MB)
7007_0003_thumb.jpg (6.5 KB)
7007_0003_web.jpg (276.5 KB)
Section: al-Juzʼ al-thalāthūn.
Inside back cover [flap open to show design
7007_0050.tif (76.4 MB)
7007_0050_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
7007_0050_web.jpg (398.8 KB)
Back cover [flap opened to show design
7007_0051.tif (78.1 MB)
7007_0051_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
7007_0051_web.jpg (639.3 KB)
Back cover [flap closed
7007_0052.tif (58.5 MB)
7007_0052_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
7007_0052_web.jpg (494.6 KB)
Fore edge [flap closed, inside front cover
7007_0054.tif (10.8 MB)
7007_0054_thumb.jpg (1.5 KB)
7007_0054_web.jpg (56.0 KB)
Fore edge [flap open
7007_0055.tif (10.8 MB)
7007_0055_thumb.jpg (1.5 KB)
7007_0055_web.jpg (69.9 KB)