Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 265 Copies of correspondence and documents concerning the 1691 war between the Duchy of Savoy and France
TitleCopies of correspondence and documents concerning the 1691 war between the Duchy of Savoy and France
Call numberMs. Codex 265
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580879
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Savoy, ca. 1690-1692
Bound collection of copies of correspondence and other miscellaneous items originally written in Turin or Milan. Copied without signatures or addresses on varied sizes of paper, with the larger documents folded. Generally but not entirely arranged in chronological order. Includes two printed items: Relatione di quanto è successo nell'assedio di Cuneo (Milan, 1691; ff. 54-57); and Lettera di Monsu il Marchese di Louvoi (Turin, 1691; ff. 113-116).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Some items have pulled loose from the binding and some have lost text due to trimming of the leaves. The edges of most leaves are worn and frayed. Many stains and smudges. Some leaves show damage due to oxidation of ink.
- A list of edible gifts for Pope Innocent XII dated 1696 formerly laid in this manuscript has been cataloged and housed separately as Misc Mss 30, University of Pennsylvania.
Extent124 leaves : 145-305 x 100-202 mm. bound to 209 x 160 mm. (large items folded)
FoliationPaper, i + 124 + i; [1-124], modern foliation in pencil, upper right or upper center recto.
BindingContemporary (late 17th-century) paper over boards with paste paper spine and remnants of 2 pairs of cloth ties.
- Sold by Leo S. Olschki (Florence), 1952 (label inside upper cover, Ex libris Leonis S. Olschki, Bibliopolae Veneti, No. 19081).
- Hybrid books
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2440_0001.tif (70.3 MB)
2440_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
2440_0001_web.jpg (195.6 KB)