Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 279 Crestomazia di poeti italiani del Cinquecento
TitleCrestomazia di poeti italiani del Cinquecento
- Bembo, Pietro, 1470-1547
- Daniello, Bernardino, d. 1565
- Della Casa, Giovanni, 1503-1556
- Guidiccioni, Giovanni, 1500-1541
- Molza, Francesco Maria, 1489-1544
- Tolomei, Claudio, 1492-1555
- Martegli, Ugolino
Other related names
- Varchi, Benedetto, 1503-1565, recipient
Call numberMs. Codex 279
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9915808913503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- ca. 1550
Anthology of 16th-century Italian poetry. Contains nine sonnets, one canzone and "motti" by Pietro Bembo; poems by Giovanni Guidiccioni, B. Capello, F. Molza, B. Daniello, U. Martegli, C. Tolomei, and Della Casa (possibly Giovanni Della Casa); and several anonymous poems.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Spine title: Bembo. Sonetti e poesie di vari autori.
Extent30 leaves : 203 x 147 (153 x 88) mm. bound to 208 x 149 mm
FoliationPaper, i (18th-century[?] paper) + 30 + i (18th-century[?] paper); 1-15, 15-59; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
Binding18th-century[?] half-leather, with marbled paper over boards. Spine label has a gold crown with the letters "F. S.", probably indicating Libreria F. Strozzi. Some leaves stained. A few leaves show signs of repairs to the corners. Cover wearing at edges; wearing and beginning to split at outside hinges.
- Formerly owned by Libreria Strozzi (gilt stamp, spine).
- Purchased, 1960.
- Italian literature--16th century
- Italian poetry--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Literature -- Poetry
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 279: Crestomazia di poeti italiani del Cinquecento are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1386_0001.tif (78.2 MB)
1386_0001_thumb.jpg (3.2 KB)
1386_0001_web.jpg (195.9 KB)