Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 27 v.3 Sharḥ Mukhtaṣar al-Shaykh Khalīl. / شرح مختصر الشيخ خليل
TitleSharḥ Mukhtaṣar al-Shaykh Khalīl.
شرح مختصر الشيخ خليل
- Damīrī, Bahrām ibn ʻAbd Allāh, 1333 or 1334-1402 or 1403
دميري، بهرام بن عبد الله،
- Khalīl ibn Isḥāq al-Jundī, -1365?
خليل بن اسحاق الجندي،
Other related names
- Daljamūnī, Nūr al-Dīn ibn Aḥmad ibn Shihāb al-Dīn al-Ḥūfī, scribe
دلجموني، نور الدين بن احمد بن شهاب الدين الحوفي.
- Jastrow, Marcus, 1829-1903, former owner
- Jastrow, Morris, Jr., 1861-1921, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 27 v.3
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1570 and 1573
Commentary on the Mukhtaṣar of Shaykh Khalīl. This copy is very neatly written in 4 volumes in the same hand; fairly extensive worm damage though mostly confined to the margins; approximately 30 leaves missing from the beginning of volume 3, according to the earlier foliation.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
Extent4 volumes (250, 293, 242, 248 leaves) : 270 x 175 (190 x 120) mm bound to 270 x 180 mm
FoliationPerhaps contemporary to the marginalia, all volumes foliated in light brown ink, upper right verso, faded and often worm damaged now. Modern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left. References in the record are to the modern foliation.
BindingBrown leather over pasteboard with flap (Type II). The leather binding of each volume is severely deteriored and has pulled away from the spine. The front and back covers are loose or, in some cases, completely detached. Covers are blind tooled with a frame and scalloped outline around a central mandorla of red, embossed paper onlay. Flap has coordinating tooling and onlay. Bottom edge shortened title on each volume: al-Awwal [al-Thānī] min Bahrām.
- Formerly owned by Dr. Marcus Jastrow and Dr. Morris Jastrow, Jr.
- Accessioned, 1934.
- Islamic law--Early works to 1800
- Malikites--Early works to 1800
- Islamic law
- Manuscripts, Arabic--16th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 27 v.3: Sharḥ Mukhtaṣar al-Shaykh Khalīl. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 27 v.3: Sharḥ Mukhtaṣar al-Shaykh Khalīl.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Sharḥ Mukhtaṣar al-Shaykh Khalīl, v.3
Inside front cover
9399_0001.tif (107.8 MB)
9399_0001_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
9399_0001_web.jpg (247.1 KB)
9399_0016.tif (107.8 MB)
9399_0016_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
9399_0016_web.jpg (350.4 KB)
Section: Sharḥ Mukhtaṣar al-Shaykh Khalīl, v.3
Inside back cover [flap open to show design
9399_0504.tif (152.5 MB)
9399_0504_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
9399_0504_web.jpg (358.7 KB)
Back cover [flap opened to show design
9399_0505.tif (152.7 MB)
9399_0505_thumb.jpg (6.2 KB)
9399_0505_web.jpg (482.7 KB)
Back cover [flap closed
9399_0506.tif (107.8 MB)
9399_0506_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
9399_0506_web.jpg (370.1 KB)
Fore edge [flap closed, inside front cover
9399_0508.tif (45.2 MB)
9399_0508_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
9399_0508_web.jpg (155.4 KB)
Fore edge [flap open
9399_0509.tif (45.2 MB)
9399_0509_thumb.jpg (2.8 KB)
9399_0509_web.jpg (175.3 KB)