Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 281 Trattato dei peccati
TitleTrattato dei peccati
- Antoninus, Saint, Archbishop of Florence, 1389-1459
Call numberMs. Codex 281
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9915808933503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1400 and 1450
Manual on confession by Saint Antoninus Florentinus (f. 1r-103r). This work is also known as Speccio di coscienza. This appears to be a copy of the version ending "la dicta età" (in this manuscript spelled "la detta eta." At the end are some later additions, dated 1557.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from spine.
- Incipit: Omnis mortalium cura quam multiplicium studiorum laborum exarat ... (f. 1r).
- Some leaves stained, especially at edges. Some wormhole damage. Cover wearing at edges and outside hinges. Back outside hinge completely split.
Extent111 leaves : 214 x 140 (147 x 76) mm. bound to 219 x 142 mm
FoliationPaper, i (modern paper) + 111 + i (modern paper); [i], [1-110]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right or lower right corner of some rectos. There are also traces of an original foliation, lower right recto, that does not generally coincide with the modern one. The one unnumbered folio before f. 1 is parchment, probably part of the original wrapper.
Binding18th-century half-leather with boards wrapped in marbled paper. Spine has a gold crown and the letters "F. S.," probably for F. Strozzi.
- Formerly owned by Joanes Pauli Civitella, dated 1557 (signature, f. 103r); Giovanni di Paulo (poem, f. 110v); F. Strozzi (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Acquired, 1959.
- Catholic Church--Discipline
- Confession--Catholic Church--Handbooks, manuals, etc.--Early works to 1800
- Penance--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 281: Trattato dei peccati are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
1970_0001.tif (53.3 MB)
1970_0001_thumb.jpg (3.5 KB)
1970_0001_web.jpg (239.5 KB)
1970_0006.tif (53.3 MB)
1970_0006_thumb.jpg (5.0 KB)
1970_0006_web.jpg (284.1 KB)
Decoration: Owner stamp[?], f. 1r
1970_0210.tif (53.3 MB)
1970_0210_thumb.jpg (6.1 KB)
1970_0210_web.jpg (344.6 KB)
Decoration: Owner signature, f. 103r
1970_0225.tif (53.3 MB)
1970_0225_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
1970_0225_web.jpg (263.4 KB)
Decoration: Poem, f. 110v