Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 329 Declaratorio sopra la regola del padre nostro sancto Benedetto ... etc.
TitleDeclaratorio sopra la regola del padre nostro sancto Benedetto ... etc.
Call numberMs. Codex 329
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9915809593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageItalian, with a short work in Latin (f. 26r-30v)
Commentary on the Rule of St. Benedict (f. 1r-26r), followed by Ordo ad recipiendam novitiam ad professionem (f. 26r-30v). References to "mater monasterii" indicate that the work refers to a covent for nuns, rather than a monastery for men.
- Ms. codex.
- Title for manuscript from caption title for predominant work (f. 1r).
Extent31 leaves : 211 x 157 (145 x 102) mm. bound to 216 x 160 mm
FoliationPaper, i (modern paper) + 31 + i (modern paper); [1-31]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
BindingModern paper boards. Cover worn. All leaves badly stained, apparently due to water damage. Some leaves show evidence of repairs. Edges of some leaves worn and frayed. Writing faded in places. Later marginalia show some oxidation of ink.
- Sold by Jacques Rosenthal (Munich), 1959.
- Monasticism and religious orders for women--Rules
- Novitiate--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Codex 329: Declaratorio sopra la regola del padre nostro sancto Benedetto ... etc. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0537_0001.tif (68.5 MB)
0537_0001_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
0537_0001_web.jpg (264.9 KB)