Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 606 Professione di fede
TitleProfessione di fede
- Giannone, Pietro, 1676-1748
- Alferius, Joannes Albertus
Other related names
- Sanfelice, Giuseppe, 1665-1737, dedicatee
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 606
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486563
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageItalian, with Latin passages in the Abbiura (f. 93r-93v, 94r-94v, 96v)
Copy of ironical statement of faith, originally written following the publication in 1728 of the criticism of the Jesuit Giuseppe Sanfelice, while the author was in Vienna. Followed by Abbiura del Doctor Pietro Giannone (f. 89r-96v), a record of interrogations and retractions, including statements by Giannone and Vicar General Joannes Albertus Alferius, originally written in 1738 (f. 96v) while Giannone was imprisoned in Turin. Both were published among Giannone's posthumous works beginning in 1755.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r).
Extent96 leaves : 306 x 208 (232 x 150) mm. bound to 313 x 220 mm
FoliationPaper, ii + 96 + ii; 1-2⁸ 3¹⁰ 4¹⁴ 5¹⁰ 6¹⁴ 7¹⁰ 8¹⁴ 9⁸; 1-96, contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary (18th-century) parchment.
- Formerly owned by Henry Charles Lea (signature in ink, dated 1888, and notes in pencil, first flyleaf; bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Catholic Church--Discipline
- Theology, Doctrinal--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
2674_0001.tif (55.5 MB)
2674_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
2674_0001_web.jpg (268.6 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover