Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize Ms. Codex 679 Reports, letters, discourses and treaties
TitleReports, letters, discourses and treaties
- Vannozzi, Bonifazio
- Caetani, Enrico, 1550-1599
- Ferdinando I, Grand-Duke of Tuscany, 1549-1609
- Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1552-1612
- Bianchetti, Lorenzo
- Tamasci, Joan
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 679
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9924874653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- 1597-ca. 1606
Comprised of two parts: A. Copies of letters and other documents from and to Bonifazio Vannozzi, secretary to papal legate Cardinal Caetani, regarding negotiations in Poland in 1596-1597, with the aim of creating a united front of Poland and the Habsburg monarchy against the Turks. Vanozzi acted as official recorder and it is likely that this part was written by him or under his direct supervision (according to Zacour-Hirsch). B. A Venetia...in two books.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
Extent227 leaves : 275 x 205 mm. bound to 284 x 224 mm
FoliationPaper, ii + 225; [ii], [1-225]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto. 18th-century index added at front.
- Guilford Coll. 288 [corrected to 289]; Sir Thomas Phillips ms. 7637.
- Catholic Church--Foreign relations--Poland
- Astrology--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, European
- 16th century
- 17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 679: Reports, letters, discourses and treaties are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
2676_0001.tif (59.4 MB)
2676_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
2676_0001_web.jpg (248.1 KB)