Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 802 Of the rise and progress of the obstetric art
TitleOf the rise and progress of the obstetric art
Call numberMs. Codex 802
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2706826
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1775 and 1799
Appears to be a fair copy of lecture notes on obstetrics. The unidentified author cites as authorities Smellie, Ould, Heister, Watts, Cadogan, and others. Particular cases described are from London or elsewhere in England.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption heading (f. 2r).
Extent218 leaves : 208 x 126 (174 x 100) mm. bound to 215 x 140 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (modern paper) + 218 + ii (modern paper); [1-218]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingModern quarter leather. Old water damage on the margins of the leaves; leaves are brittle, a few are torn.
- Formerly owned by the Mercantile Library, Philadelphia (stamp, f. 2r).
- Sold by Philadelphia Rare Books and Manuscripts, 1999.
- Obstetrics--Early works to 1800
- Medicine--Study and teaching--Early works to 1800
- Lecture notes
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1877_0001.tif (58.3 MB)
1877_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
1877_0001_web.jpg (217.0 KB)