Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 830 Eliz Kendrick recipe book
TitleEliz Kendrick recipe book
- Kendrick, Eliz
Call numberMs. Codex 830
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3176575
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Comprises numerous recipes for wines -- damson, birch, balm, raisin, gooseberry, elder, cowerslap [cowslip], lemon, currant, and mead, among others. Includes recipes for tansies, puddings, cheesecakes, cakes, soups, fish, oysters, preserving meats, pickles, and preserves, with a few household recipes and medicinal recipes for green ointment and a cure for jaundice.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Ownership inscription and date 1723 (p. i); a large number of early recipes are in the hand of Kendrick. A number of recipes are added in several later hands, some 19th century, undated.
- List of contents [compiled by bookseller?] is shelved with the manuscript.
Extent182 leaves : 203 x 157 mm. bound to 206 x 165 mm
Foliation182 leaves; [iv], 1-360 modern pagination in pencil, upper center.
- Sold by Henry Sotheran Limited (London), 2001.
- Cooking, English--Early works to 1800
- Cooking, English--19th century
- Wine and wine making--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
3362_0001.tif (72.4 MB)
3362_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
3362_0001_web.jpg (261.7 KB)