Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Codex 937 Recueil de poësies
TitleRecueil de poësies
- Gresset, 1709-1777
Other related names
- Jacob, P. L., 1806-1884, former owner
- Lachèvre, Frédéric, 1855-1943, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 937
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3574860
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- circa 1730-1775
Collection of 18th-century French poems, including sonnets, madrigals, epigrams, epitaphs, odes, cantates, fables, and elegies. About one-third of the contents is the work of the former Jesuit Jean Baptiste Louis Gresset, including "Le Lutrin vivant," "Ver-Vert," "Le Carême impromptu," and three of his verse epistles, "La Chartreuse," "Les Ombres," and "Á ma muse." Items in the collection not attributed to Gresset include epitaphs for the duc de Villars (p. 124) and Molière (p. 126) , and an ode to Voltaire (p. 182). A table of contents lists the poems at the end.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (p. 1) and spine; Zacour-Hirsch lists the title as Recueil de poësie.
Extent314 leaves : 184 x 144 (139 x 110) mm. bound to 190 x 158 mm
FoliationPaper, iv (contemporary paper) + 314 + iv (contemporary paper); 1-604, 1-11, [i]; near-contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingContemporary calf (Zacour-Hirsch); gold ornamentation on spine.
- Former owners include: Paul Lacroix and Frédéric Lachèvre, no. 219, (bookplates, inside upper cover).
- Sold by Marcel Blancheteau, 1958.
- Religious poetry, French
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2893_0001.tif (41.8 MB)
2893_0001_thumb.jpg (7.5 KB)
2893_0001_web.jpg (499.8 KB)