Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1012 Pratyaktatvaviveka / प्रत्यक्तत्वविवेक
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1012
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963024283503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise, part of a work called the Fifteen chapters (Pañcadaśī) that focuses on different expressions of ultimate reality (being, consciousness, and bliss) and is drawn from the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy. Manuscript also contains an extensive commentary, the Tattvavivekaprakaraṇa, by Rāmakṛṣṇa.
- Title from end title page (f. 12v); title of commentary, Tattvavivekaprakaraṇa, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10-13 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (12 leaves) : 14 x 34 cm
ColophonColophon: ity aṃtatvavivekaṃ vidhāya vidhivanmanaḥ samādhāya // vigalitasaṃsṛtibaṃdhaḥ prāpnoti paraṃpadaṃ naro na cirāt // 65 // (f. 12r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1012: Pratyaktatvaviveka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.