Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1013 Pañcakośaviveka / पञ्चकोशविवेक
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1013
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9967808973503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy titled Treatise on the discrimination of the five sheaths, which are considered different layers of reality, written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the root text.
- Title supplied by cataloger; title of commentary the Mahābhūtaviveka of the Tātparyabodhinī from colophon (f. 10r); alternate name of commentary Pañcadaśīprakāśikā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Dated after 1842 based on a watermark (f. 8).
- Watermarks of the date 1842 and a company name, possibly Lumsden, and the Britannia coat of arms.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 14 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīpatparamahaṃsaparivājakācārya śrī bhāratītIrthavidyāraṇyamunīśvaraśiṣyeṇarāmakṛṣṇākhyena viduṣāviracitāmahābhūtavivekasyatātparyasya dīpikā samāptā // 2 // rāmakṛṣṇa rāmakṛṣṇa rāmakṛṣṇa (f. 10r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1013: Pañcakośaviveka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.