Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1052 Tṛptidīpa / तृप्तिदीप
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1052
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963177183503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy whose title is translated as Light on satisfaction; discussion about ultimate, divine satisfaction, written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the main root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 45r); commentary title Tātparyabodhinī supplied by cataloger; alternate commentary title Pañcadaśīprakāśikā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 8-12 lines per leaf.
- 45 leaves foliated 1-45, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (45 leaves) : 13 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti tṛptidīpaḥ samāptaḥ (f. 45r).
- Satisfaction--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1052: Tṛptidīpa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.