Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1057 Vedāntasāraṭīkā / वेदान्तसारटीका
Other related names
- Yajñeśvarabhaṭṭa, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1057
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963334353503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is an extensive commentary (tīkā) on the short philosophical treatise called the Vedāntasāra by Sadānanda Yogīndra, considered a summary or essence (sāra) of Vedic knowledge from a Vedānta perspective and presented as a discourse between the Hindu deities Śiva and Pārvatī. Manuscript also contains Sadānanda Yogīndra's root text running with two or three lines of text between the elaborate commentary.
- Title from end page (f. 52r).
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 52 leaves foliated 1-52, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple red line.
- Includes single wooden board cover (broken) with importer stickers; one bears the name: A. C. Gumpert, Bombay, Sole Importer; the other two have: The Celebrated Shudehill Match, J. Fryer Manchester along with a crest of a lion; a University of Pennsylvania Library ink stamp was put on every sticker when procured.
Extent1 item (52 leaves) : 13 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vedāṃtasārarṭīkāsametasamāptaḥ // (f. 52v).
- Formerly owned by Yajñeśvarabhaṭṭa (f. 1r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Parvati (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1057: Vedāntasāraṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
fol. 52v-[Inside back cover
2040_0052.tif (120.3 MB)
2040_0052_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
2040_0052_web.jpg (470.8 KB)
ms_coll_390_item_1057_wk1_body0000ref2.tif (67.3 MB)
ms_coll_390_item_1057_wk1_body0000ref2_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
ms_coll_390_item_1057_wk1_body0000ref2_web.jpg (249.3 KB)