Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1070 Śārīropaniṣad / शारीरोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1070
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963181953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and recitation and is an early, post-Vedic philosophical treatise exploring the nature of the physical body and its relationship to the innermost Self; the work also contains numerous Vedic and other kinds of mantras employed in rites of praise and worship.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 10 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: śārīropaniṣadsamāptāḥ (f. 4v).
- Human body--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1070: Śārīropaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.