Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1090 Ātmabodhaṭīkā / आत्मबोधटीका
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1090
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963334883503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a philosophical commentary (ṭīkā) on a work known as the Ātmabhoda, Knowledge of the Self, a summary of Vedānta doctrine, possibly derived from verses of the Atharvaveda, but often attributed to Śaṅkarācārya himself. The commentary is written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy and is written parallel to, above and below, the root text.
- Title of commentary from colophon (f. 13v); title of root text assigned by cataloger.
- Written in 8-12 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or crossed out; corrections and addition in margins; significant phrases highlighted in red at beginning of text.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 11 x 32cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīsaṃkarācāryaviracitā ātmabodhaṭīkā samāptā (f. 13).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1090: Ātmabodhaṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.