Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1097 Vedāntaparibhāṣāṭīkā / वेदान्तपरिभाषाटीका
- Rāmakṛṣṇa Dīkṣita
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1097
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963188073503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, reference, and study, and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and super-commentary (ṭīkā) on a work called the Tarkacūḍāmaṇi by Dharmarājādhvarīndra, also known as the Vedāntaparibhāṣā, which is a name for a genre of short treatise and commentary. These works typically summarize the characteristics and major philosophical tenets of the Advaita Vedānta school of philosophy.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Vedāntaśikhāmaṇi provided by cataloger.
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 26 leaves foliated 1-25, 25, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red.
Extent1 item (26 leaves) : 13 x 27 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1097: Vedāntaparibhāṣāṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
fol. 25v-25r [=26r
3508_0025.tif (124.9 MB)
3508_0025_thumb.jpg (9.0 KB)
3508_0025_web.jpg (572.8 KB)