Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1145 Amr̥ta anubhava / अमृत अनुभव
TitleAmr̥ta anubhava / अमृत अनुभव
- Jñānadeva, active 1290
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1145
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963243843503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Marathi and Sanskrit
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise in Marathi whose title is translated as Experience of the ambrosia, reflecting on philosophical ideas from Sanskrit traditions and making some of their content, and religious wisdom, understandable and available to Marathi speakers, who do not know or understand Sanskrit, especially by infusing such philosophical ideas with a strong sense of theism. This work is particularly concerned with the duality of the oneness of the divine, which is a development out of the non-dualist schools of Advaita Vedānta.
- Title from colophon (f. 41r).
- Written in 14-17 lines per leaf.
- 41 leaves foliated 1-41, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1771 (1849) (f. 41r).
- Mistakes blacked out; corrections and additions in margins, some in a second scribal hand.
Extent1 item (41 leaves) : 18 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: idaṃ pustakaṃ amṛta anubhava saṃpurṇaṃ // (f. 41r).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Devotional literature, Marathi
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1145: Amr̥ta anubhava are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.