Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1155 Sārīrakamīmāṅsāsūtra / शारीरकमीमाङ्सासूत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1155
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963462903503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise, which inquires into the nature of the embodied spirit (that is, questions about the embodiment of the spirit in human and universal forms). Considered an early work from the Vedānta school of philosophy and was commented heavily upon by medieval Indian philosophers. Final folio contains a table with contents possibly from another manuscript or for a larger manuscript for which this was the first part (f. 16v)
- Title from post-colophon note in second scribal hand (f. 16r).
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 13 x 17 cm
ColophonColophon: iti caturthādhyāya caturthapādaḥ samāptaḥ // oṃ tat sad brahmārpaṇam astu // brahmasūtrakṛte tasmai vedavyāsāyavedhase // jñānaśaktyavatārāya namo bhagavato hareḥ // 1 // (f. 16r).
- Human body--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Tables of contents
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1155: Sārīrakamīmāṅsāsūtra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.