Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1164 Bhṛguvalyupaniṣad / भृगुवल्ल्युपनिषद्
TitleBhṛguvalyupaniṣad / भृगुवल्ल्युपनिषद्
Other related names
- Bhānu, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1164
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963513553503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ancient Hindu proto-philosophical treatise set as a narrative about and dialogue between Bhṛgu and his father. Work often chanted as poetry. Dāmodara's commentary Bhṛguvalyupaniṣadvyākhya runs parallel above and below root text.
- Title from colophon (f. 4r); title of commentary from commentary colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 7-11 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Bhānu (Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1165, f. 4r).
- Dated saṃvat 1917 and śaka 1782 (1860) based on date of Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1169 (f. 100r), written by the same scribe.
- Manuscript written by the same scribe as Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1160, Item 1161, Item 1165, Item 1166, Item 1167, Item 1168, Item 1169, and Item 1172.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 13 x 35 cm
ColophonColophon: iti bhṛguvalyupaniṣatsamāptā // (f. 4r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1164: Bhṛguvalyupaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.