Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1171 Iśāvāsya / ईशावास्य
TitleIśāvāsya / ईशावास्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1171
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963568453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and recitation and is a late Vedic work, a philosophical treatise in verse employing Hindu mantras that explores the meaning and nature of the highest disembodied Lord, referred to as Īśvara. Work contains Mahīdhara's commentary, titled Īśopaniṣadbhāṣya.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v); commentary title Īśopaniṣadbhāṣya from marginal abbreviations.
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases, as well as verse dividers and metrical accents on the root text, highlighted in red.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 13 x 35 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vājasane ye śāvāsyaṃ (f. 7r).
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu gods
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1171: Iśāvāsya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.